Monday, February 18, 2019

Love is in the Air

I'm a bit behind on my Valentine-related posts. I intended this one for Valentine's Day, but life intervened. The DH has had a cold and various respiratory issues since late January. He'd seen a doctor and had a round of meds, but around 3am on the 15th he started coughing and couldn't get his breath. Thankfully he had an inhaler handy, but I convinced him to go to the ER. They admitted him for a viral infection and pneumonia. He was released today and is feeling much better, so hopefully life is back to normal.

Earlier this month my friend Bobbie of Rolling Hill Cottage and Studio held a Valentine Soiree, where we made the most adorable Valentine snow couple!


This isn't the best photo, but you can see better photos on her blog here.


All her projects are wonderfully detailed. I love his hat...

and her crown and wand. She even has a tiny Valentine card in her pocket. Here are a few more details, including their ice skates - so cute! My couple is holding hands.


Be sure to follow Bobbie's blog for fun holiday projects, and classes if you're local.

For Kim's Art Card Tuesday this week, the prompt was Cupid. I'm trying to use on-hand supplies for these little pieces, so this week I used a red plastic cupid die cut and another die cut that came with a pad of scrapbook paper, oh, I don't know...maybe TEN years ago???  It looked a little boring so I added some Stickles, which look great on a small scale but a bit random when enlarged for pics.


Kim will have a new prompt tomorrow, and I'll have new things to share soon.

For those still feeling winter's wrath, try to stay warm! We're expecting something tomorrow - maybe cold rain, maybe winter mix, maybe snow. Who knows? Apparently not the meteorologists!

1 comment: