Saturday, July 31, 2010

So Far Behind

I am woefully behind on blogging, so I'll make an effort to catch up over the next week.  July has been a busy month.  I started this post on July 6 and am just now getting back to it on July 31.

Most of our Texas family was here over the 4th of July weekend for a family reunion. It was so great to see them, but we really missed my sister and her family who weren't able to make it. Weatherwise, it wasn't the best 4th of July we've had - this makes two years in a row for rain on the 4th. The weather prevented a trip to White Water Bay and caused cancellation of a planned golfing excursion, but we didn't let it stop us from shopping.  Did I mention rain?  Torrential rain.

Having family in town was a good excuse for a trip to The Rink Gallery. My mom scored a couple of really cute old chairs for her sun room and my sister-in-law found the largest tie-back tassel I've ever seen (no pics of their haul - sorry). I found these great shoe trees, mini perfume bottles, sheet music and more.














 On Monday the 5th the DH and I ran errands and I talked him into dropping by The Vintage Marketplace in Midwest City where I found a few more things to add to my stash. Now I just need to start using some of this stuff! 





No comments:

Post a Comment