Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Okie Bellas' Day Out

Anyone who has talked with me in the past six months is probably aware that I'm going to an arts event this fall called Silver Bella.  I've wanted to go for the past two years but didn't want to go alone, and this year it worked out that my friends Kerry and Chris are able to go, as well as Kerry's neighbor Teresa and her best friend Sheryl.  We five Silver Bella newbies decided to get together beforehand so everyone would be acquainted before going to Omaha.  We met in OKC on July 24 and by the end of the day it was like we had all known each other forever!  We visited Antique Co-op and shops in the Plaza District before having lunch at Pachinko Parlor.  After lunch we drove through Classen Curve on our way to Paper Crown and Cloverleaf.  And of course we made the obligatory stop at Sonic before the day ended.  It was so much fun to spend the day with my two old friends and former co-workers, and to make two great new friends.  Can't wait to do it again!  Here we are at lunch, after a bottle of wine and a little sake - Chris, Teresa, Sheryl, Kerry and me:

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Likewise, I've wanted to go to Silver Bella for two years now and didn't want to go alone. But my best friend will not be able to make it and I will be going alone this year. However, I'm not worried because it seems as if everyone there is going to be so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day you ladies had, and I know you'll have incredible fun at Silver Bella too. Spending time with special friends, surrounded by art and tasty treats...you sure are lucky!


    And BTW, thank you for stopping over at my blog -receiving your sweet comment was delightful...thank you.

    ReplyDelete