Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Pinned Image

This is the story of my life and something I should work on this year, but hey, why change now?  Ha!

I started this post on January 1, and here I am on the tenth finally putting it out there.  I've been thinking back over my favorite excursions this year, all the fantabulous junque I found, and my favorite craft projects.  While there were many of each, I hope to have even more traveling, junqueing, and creating to share in the coming months.

The day after Christmas I traveled to San Angelo, TX with my parents to visit my oldest brother and his family.  We had a great visit, including a shopping day at the mall and the thrift stores.  My sister-in-law loves to junque as much as I do, and her mom is a junquer from way back.  Her parents just moved and downsized, and Jackie saved me a few things from her mom's stash - some lovely old photo holders, glass Christmas ornaments, a very vintage Scrabble game, and this little cardboard village made to go over a string of Christmas lights.  Aren't they the cutest? I'm going to look forward to next December when I can display them.
  
Jackie also gave me a cute green log planter, shown below with a wonderful vintage wire "in" basket and a map puzzle that my niece Jen gave me.  I'm already using the basket, and have a few ideas for the puzzle pieces.  The planter has been added to my chartreuse collection.
From San Angelo, we traveled to Odessa, TX to visit my sister and her family and my brother's younger daughter and her family.  While there we saw a great movie - We Bought A Zoo.  I highly recommend it.  My sister gave me some fun lace, trim and buttons that she got from her mother-in-law.  I've already used a couple of pieces of lace, and look forward to incorporating more in the things I make this year. I especially love the green trim and the red, white and blue flowered trim.
I received several fun gifts before the holidays, too, but they were sorted and used before I got photos.  Thanks to my friends and family for supporting my creative and junqueing habits!

Wishing you a year filled with creativity and fun finds!


1 comment:

  1. That green trim is really cool! What sweet relatives to think of you and give you the things you love!

    ReplyDelete