Monday, December 28, 2015

Terri Brush Class in OKC

Terri Brush was at Paper Crown in Oklahoma City last month for three classes. As an added bonus, Terri brought along some of her creations to sell at Glitter Market that weekend (more on Glitter Market in my next post.) She also bought a lot of things from me, so a huge thank you to her for that and for the awesome classes! 

Here are Terri (center) and her wonderful assistants for the classes, Heather (left) and Billie.



I enrolled for two of the three classes. The first was a bezel necklace class. We thought we were making one necklace, but actually got to make several bezels that can be used for jewelry or for mixed media creations. They'll be filled with fun things and sealed with resin. I've yet to make up my mind about what to put in mine so they're not finished yet, but you can get an idea of what they'll look like. 





Bezels were a new thing for me, but Terri and her assistants helped to make them easy. 

The second class I took was the Holiday House class. Here are my friends and tablemates Lisa and Chris working on their pieces...





































and a shot of the classroom. Everyone was working away and having a great time!







































And finally, here is my completed Holiday House. The glass front is soldered on, as is the metal piece at the top. The center is an old earring that I glued on at the end, and the diamond-shaped piece is an embellishment that I'd been saving for years for just the right project.





































This was such a fun piece to create with enjoyable instructors and attendees! Terri has online classes and sign-ups for hands-on classes on her website here. I'm hoping for the chance to take another class from her soon.

If you'd like to see more class photos, visit the Paper Crown blog here, and Jackie's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment