Saturday, February 27, 2016

I HEART Pocket Letters!

Wonderful Laurie of Indulge Your Shelf sent me my very first pocket letter this month. I've been seeing lots of pocket letter swaps lately but hadn't joined any. This one has a pretty Valentine theme, and came in a cute envelope with a vintage card and the sweetest tag.




The vintage card is embossed and oh so adorable. And that tag! What's not to love - lots of pretty layers, a precious little girl with her pup, and some of my favorite trim at the top. The rosette is the icing on the cake.


The pocket letter has pretty papers, bits of ephemera and trim. Some things are attached but many are loose so they can be used for projects. I don't think I could bear to disassemble it! 


 This first row of pockets reminds me of Laurie's love for all things Jane Austen. 

The middle row has pretty ephemera bits and some vintage buttons.

The bottom row might be my favorite. I love the aqua ephemera in the first pocket. The second pocket has chocolate (!) and the third has the sweetest Dresden cupid.

If you'd like to see more photos of this and another lovely pocket letter Laurie created, visit her blog here.

I'm creating a pocket letter to send to Laurie and will share that soon.






5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sweet! Very pretty and delicate looking. Seeing this makes we want to do more pocket letters! I've only made a few, but they really are fun. Off to visit your swappers blog next.



    She included

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pocket letter. They are so much fun to make and receive! I have a few of them :)
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Laurie has a real talent for both paper and fabric collage. And I'm sure you can find SOMETHING to replace the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to, Kathy. The chocolate disappeared shortly after taking these photos. Yum!

      Delete
  4. It was fun to see it again through your eyes! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete