The magazine included a story on the latest fashions and fabrics, with wonderful hand drawn illustrations of period dresses. The artist inserted actual photos of women's faces.
I used the images on some tags last fall, but thought they'd be perfect for this project.
I tried lots of bits and pieces and struggled to find the right amount of black. Ultimately, less turned out to be best. The black and cream striped ribbon is probably my all-time favorite and was ideal for this.
It turned out to be less about "snippets" and more about just finding something that looked good with the images, but I still love the end result.
I had trims that were very similar to style of the hemlines of two of the dress images so I just had to use those.
For the back I used ads from the magazine. I re-sized them to be more uniform and to fit on the fabric.
Here it is all rolled up and tied with seam binding.
In my next post I'll share the beautiful snippet roll JoAnne made for me.
What I need is more swaps. They motivate me to create, and that always makes me happy. I've joined three swaps for the upcoming Glitter Retreat and can't wait to get started!