Friday, November 15, 2019

Birdsong 7 - A Snowbird's Song

Last weekend Karla Nathan hosted her 7th Birdsong event - A Snowbird's Song. I was fortunate enough to attend two earlier Birdsong events, and was so happy to be there for this one. There's a lot to share, but I'll start with the three swap items I created.

The first swap was a Christmas-themed diorama. I'd never made one before, and mine turned out to be more of a shadow box with a diorama in the top section. It was inspired by one I purchased from Kim of ArtJoyStuff, but hers are so much more detailed and wonderful. I was pleased with this one, especially considering I waited until about two weeks out to start on all my projects. Procrastination is my specialty!




I really love the vintage Christmas corsage pieces I added to the top along with some beautiful vintage ribbon I found a few years ago.


The second swap was a stocking swap. I printed a vintage photo on muslin and sewed it on top of a lacy doily, then embellished it with a felt blossom and some vintage millinery flowers. I added vintage crocheted pillowcase edging, a few old buttons, and some hand-dyed seam binding. 


The third swap was an ornament made from a tart tin or cookie cutter. I have to confess that part of this one was already made. The center portion was made several years ago - the cookie cutter with the glittered paper lining and the vintage reflector and ornament. I loved it as it was but wanted it to be extra special for this group, so I added a ring of rhinestones and attached the rosette portion of a vintage horse ribbon and a dresden medallion on the back.



The ornament was packaged for gifting in a box I covered in pretty pinecone paper that left a trail -really a mountain - of glitter behind.


I hope this post provides a little holiday inspiration. More later on gifts for and from Birdsong peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment