Thursday, December 24, 2020

Twelve Days of Christmas Journal

My journal-loving Etsy customer commissioned one more custom journal using her Graphic45 Twelve Days of Christmas papers. She sent me her paper pack with embellishments and stickers, and I used them to create her journal. It involved a lot of fussy cutting and challenged me to come up with different ideas for each page, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process.


For the cover I layered Sizzix Holiday Greens Mini die cuts over a Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Oval die cut. The Graphic 45 die cut is on top, and I added striped ribbon from Paper Crown. Click on any photo for an enlarged view. I had a hard time getting the coloring adjusted, so the photos aren't as vibrant as the actual pages.

I loved layering the fussy cut flowers, holly, and other images on many of the pages. 













For Day Two I added a piece of lace from a vintage curtain panel.



The background papers from this set were really busy for the most part, so I incorporated some other papers here and there for interest and contrast.






Also included were various embellishments I had in my stash, like the gold wreath and vintage lace.











































I added a pocket page at the back and inserted some images that I didn't use in the journal.


This was another enjoyable project, and the purchaser seemed to love it as much as I did. She doesn't write in her journals, so no need to leave blank spaces or journaling spots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment