Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Banner, a Book and Boxes

Back in July we had a family reunion. As a way to generate funds to pay for future reunions and as a fun activity, we have a silent auction. Many of us like to make things for the auction, creating a "family heirloom," so to speak. The auction usually leans heavily toward things for adults, so I decided to make this little banner that might appeal to the young ladies in the group.

















Everything I needed was already in my craft room so it went together pretty quickly. I used papers I love from a 6x6 pad, and couldn't resist using four layers of trim at the bottom. More is more, right?

A couple of weekends ago some friends and I got together to make cute books from a single sheet of 12x12 paper. I'm not sure what I'll do with this particular one, but I like the format and may use it with other papers. There are eight pockets that can hold tags, photos, gift cards, etc. It closes with a covered hair band that's attached to the back. 



We also copied templates for matchboxes and made a few of those. I have no plans at all for these right now and haven't bothered to dress them up, but I'm sure they'll come in handy at some point. I know I'll use the template again. It could be enlarged slightly so the box would hold a giftcard. I started a Pinterest board of altered matchbox ideas here. I've just pinned a few so far, but there are thousands out there along with various templates.


That's it for now, but I'm working on a couple of other projects I'll share soon including pages for Karla Nathan's Nature's Blessings Journal Swap (read about it or join in here.) I'm also going to a Birthday Soiree at Paper Crown next Saturday. There will be two classes, lunch and lots of fun. I'll try to remember to take pictures!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun creations.

    I love the D R E A M banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and creative banner. Love the little book also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream banner is darling...love the 4 layers of bottom trim...yep, more is more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these projects. I'm going to check out your Pinterest board for the matchbook ideas. What I would do with them is anybody's guess, but I like to look and dream. Yes, please share pictures of your 2 upcoming classes. I live vicariously on blogs. I really need to get out more often, right? BTW, I love your blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see what you do at Paper Crown next week! Your banner is adorable -- did a younger relative get it? I adore the color combo you used and you're right -- more is more! I was just noticing today while doing some cleaning in my craft room that you are a super talented paper artist and know all the tricks (and have the tools!) I wish I had more TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute and creative. They look like they were fun to make. Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to participate in something like Birdsong. I love all the things you made.

    ReplyDelete