Monday, November 3, 2014

Estate Sales Have Been Very Very Good To Me (Lately)

After a rather long dry spell, I've found some wonderful things lately at local estate sales. Remember that I like shabby, so keep that in mind when you look at these photos.


This old photo album is worn and missing the celluloid layer that covered this kraft underlayer, but I think I like it better this way. The illustration is lovely, as is the patina-encrusted clasp.






























Here you can see a bit of the yellow celluloid that used to be on the front. The article and baby photo were tucked inside the cover.




























The frame pages are aqua with gold, and it has quite a few cabinet cards inside. This chubby baby makes me laugh.






























The back is a rather wild embossed velvet. Imagine it with that bright yellow celluloid cover. Very vibrant!






























The composition book and these photos came from the same sale as the album.


The ornate embossing on old photo folders is so interesting. I thought these were particularly pretty.

I haven't decided yet just what I'll do with the album. It was a bit of a splurge for me. I'd like to keep some of those pretty pages, especially since a few are already loose, but I know someone else could make a beautiful journal from that cover. It may go to Glitter Market this month.

I have many more finds to share in the next few days, and still need to share the pages I received in my Nature's Blessings swap journal. Please stay tuned!



3 comments:

  1. You should take the Full Tilt Boogie Class from Mary Ann Moss. I think they use albums like that and turn them into journals. http://www.dispatchfromla.com/dispatch_from_la/online-classes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet finds. How sad that people were getting rid of family pictures, but how nice that you will love them and re-use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG -- aqua blue pages! What a fabulous find! I love estate sales!!

    ReplyDelete