Monday, April 19, 2010

Junque Heaven!

On Sunday I went with three good friends to The Rink Gallery in Bethany, OK. OMG! This is one of the best antique malls - if not THE best - I've ever visited. From the moment you drive up you can tell it's special. There's a wealth of fabulous and reasonably priced treasure and plenty of helpful staff to assist but not bother. If that weren't enough, they have live music and snacks on Sunday afternoons. The Rink has been open for several years so I have no idea why it's taken me so long to get there. I'm told the waiting list for booth space is long and opportunities don't come up often.

After shopping, the four of us visited and snacked at one of several chrome and formica dining sets provided for just that purpose. So fun! We had lots of laughs and plan to make it a frequent destination.

I came home with a vintage apron pattern, several pieces of paper ephemera, lace, pompom fringe, several skeins of yarn that will work well for altered art or scrapbooking, a big packet of glassine envelopes, a small bank book with handwritten entries, a big box of miscellaneous hardware and many other things. My special treat was a fun bracelet with turquoise and aged silver beads and charms. Can't wait to go back!

I'm working on another project so I hope to have that posted soon. Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment