Monday, July 11, 2011

Birg Song Tag Book Swap

I was so excited that Karla Nathan decided to do a bird-themed tag book swap following her Bird Song event.  I missed out on the actual weekend, but being able to participate in the tag swap makes up for it a tiny bit.

Each participant sends in seven tags and will receive seven in return, along with a cover made by Karla.  There are 135+ participants - can't imagine making all those covers!  Karla is amazing!

The design of my tags was sort of dictated by a new stamp I had purchased - a raven with spectacles.  It's not the flowery, lacey style that I generally prefer and that would have fit in more appropriately with Karla's style, but I like the end result.  Hopefully the recipients of my tags will feel the same way.  The tag is "posing" by a fabulous candlestick my sister-in-law Jackie gave me for my birthday last year.  Love it! 

2 comments:

  1. OH!! I love your raven tags! Black and white heaven!! The recipients will be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!
    I think it is so much more manageable to do seven tags rather than 20 or so but at the same time I feel like I'm missing out on so much incredible art by not getting to see more tags.

    ReplyDelete