A while ago I bought a little cream color hat just for these three beautiful vintage millinary flowers on its brim. I don't think I even took a photo of the hat before I ripped these lovlies off.
I thought I would just remove the flowers and then put the bare hat in my next bag going to Goodwill, but the vintage fabric was pretty so I decided to see what I could do with it. The hat had three layers - a plain nylon inner layer, a stiff mesh liner, and a prettier linen outside layer. There was enough fabric in the crown and brim to make four flowers. For each one, I cut three sizes of petals from each of the three layers. I used some chalk to age the edges a bit, sewed the layers together, and then scrunched it all up to give it some dimension. I used a piece of the grosgrain ribbon hat band and unraveled it to make the stamens, and added a few little pearls.
Using the elastic inner hat band, I made this little rose.