Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spreading a little Susan Branch love

Do you know about Susan Branch - fabulous artist, amazing cookbook writer/illustrator, and now blogger?  Country Living magazine is having a blog award contest and I had to nominate Susan (not sure if she even qualifies, since she's already famous, but I had to do it anyway!)  Her blog is a wonderful look into her life in New England and California, and to me embodies what the modern country lifestyle is all about, no matter where you live.  My particular favorite posts feature her walks with husband Joe around town and down to the beach, accompanied by the perfect songs.  You'll feel like you're there. 

If you're not familiar with Susan's blog, check it out here.  While you're there, check out all the other fun things on her website. I'd love to hear what you think.

Here's one of Susan's illustrations, borrowed from Where Women Cook (she'll be featured in the next issue.)

3 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed Susan Branch's cheery style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Susan Branch's calenders. Last year she skipped a year but came back in 2011. I just saw your beautiful mermaid book from Michelle Gellars tiny book swap. I just love it! Any chance you might have an extra you would be willing to sell or trade for. I just have to ask as I keep going back to look at it, so whimsical:) You can email me at valerieLmyers@yahoo. Thanks and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved Susan Branch too. I have nearly all her books!
    xo
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete