Thursday, December 5, 2013

More Christmas Tags

We traveled to Texas for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time with family from San Angelo, Odessa and New Braunfels.  My parents and brother and sister-in-law from Oklahoma were also there - 23 of us in all. It was a great weekend!

Before we left I got crafty and made Christmas tags for all the ladies. I made my own tags from cracker and cereal boxes, and made them large - about 7-1/4" x 4".
I used Vintage Christmas paper from My Mind's Eye. The Santa and swirl were already glittered. I fussy cut the Santa, gave him a bit more color with pencils, glittered his beard and hat, added a pompom, and reattached him with pop dots. The swirl was highlighted with a bit of green glitter embossing.
The numbers inside the bottle caps came from a sheet called Countdown from Webster's Pages. The pompom trim on the lower edge is vintage, as is the green and red ribbon.  I added some white and red tinsel and a bit of red seam binding to finish it off.

I have a pile of Christmas papers but couldn't resist buying a few sheets from BasicGrey's 25th & Pine line. I used it to make one more tag.
It was my intent to make several of these so people would have a choice, but I ran out of time.  One of my nieces claimed this one.
  This vintage earring seemed to be just the "decking" this tag needed.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute. :) I bet they were loved by all. :)

    ReplyDelete