Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet and Sinister Swap - Part I

After reading about Kari Ramstrom's annual Sweet and Sinister Swap on a fellow Silver Bella attendee's blog, I decided to sign up. Although I'm participating in three swaps at Silver Bella, this would be my first ever complete swap as items were due to be mailed by October 10. The rules required that most things be black and white, and that there be a handmade item, a home decor item, and a thrifted item. 

I started preparing immediately and came up with some fun things to send to my swap partner, Terry Frias.  Yes, Kari paired up Terry and Terri for this swap, and I'm so glad she did.  We've been communicating via e-mail and she is so nice, funny and talented. We found that we have a lot in common, including husbands named Bob!  How spooky is that???

Today I received my Sweet and Sinister Swap items from Terry.  In a word - AMAZING!  The items she created are SO well-done and darling, and everything was packaged in such a fun and creative way.  She made me a beautiful Halloween necklace and bracelet and a banner that is so detailed and just perfect!  She sent a cute LED skeleton candle - which looks great flickering inside the clear bucket - and lots of embellishments for Halloween projects including glitter glue, stickers, rub-ons, beads, crepe paper and so much more.  Everything was packed in a beautifully decorated can and each little tag is unique.  Here are pics, but I promise everything is even nicer than it appears in the photos (must get a new camera).  Terry is truly artistic and loaded with talent! 

As soon as I know she's received them, I'll post pics of what I sent to her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment