Saturday, May 21, 2011

Secret Garden Tag Swap

I participated in Wanda's Secret Garden Tag Swap - my first ever tag swap.  It was so fun to get the package this week and see what everyone else created!  Each one shows a unique interpretation of the Secret Garden theme, and there are many techniques that I'd not seen before.
 
 
We had to make 20 tags and after making the first few, I realized my design was a little ambitious. I found some beautiful napkins a few weeks earlier and decided to cut motifs from those for my tags. I ended up using five different images from the napkins on each tag, so they all had to be cut out and then glued to the tags, followed by the woman, the trim and the flowers. I completed and mailed them on time, though!

I wasn't aware that most tag swaps use 2-1/2" x 5" tags so mine was a little large, but I don't think I could have squeezed all this onto a smaller tag.  I was glad to see that someone else used the larger tag, too.  Here's a front and back view of mine.
I'm excited to be in Karla's Bird Song tag book swap, but oh so happy that I have quite a bit of time to complete them and only have to make seven!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tags! I'm doing Karla's Birdsong tag swap, too!

    ReplyDelete