Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend Finds

We've had a rather bad run of "estate" sales lately - most have been just bad garage sales - which almost caused us to skip one last weekend.  Since this one was only a couple of miles from our house and in an area known for older residents, we decided to drop by for a quick look.  An hour later, we left with our arms full.  Here are some of the more interesting things I found. 

 
The flowers on two of the hats need a little freshening but are actually rather pretty.  I love the 1911 marriage certificate, even if it is in pieces, and what you can't see is a sort of family-events certificate from the same year that also has some lovely graphics.  I thought the colors of the doilies and potholder were some of the best I've seen, particularly the green one - it's my favorite color and I don't think I've ever found another in that shade. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I'm swooning over that marriage certificate! I almost never find hats with flowers - sigh! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete