Sunday, February 8, 2015

Here's My Heart!

There's been a bit of Valentine creating going on here. I joined in on Paper Crown's Valentine Postcard Swap and that inspired me to make a few things.

For the swap I copied a vintage Valentine and used it to create two tags. One will go to another participant and one will be displayed in the store. 





















I'm crazy for the vintage rose trim and it goes perfectly with the pretty background paper from Authentique. The cream crepe paper, doily and little bouquet are also vintage. 






















The back was just a bit too plain so I added two little hearts and a bit of lace trim after I took this photo. When I dropped my postcards off at Paper Crown there were already several on display - all wonderful! I'm excited to see whose I receive!

Cindy, the owner of Paper Crown, is the sweetest person and always doing something nice for someone. Since she's the swap "hostess" (and is giving everyone who participates a $5 gift card!) I made her a little box of goodies.



The embossed roses were cut from a vintage greeting card. The gorgeous paper on the sides is by Anna Griffin. The lace heart trim came from a recent estate sale.



I filled the box with vintage trim, buttons, a buckle, an earring, and a few other tiny items. I then bagged it up with some chocolate hearts. Hope she enjoys it all.

More later! I have a couple of other Valentine themed projects in the works.

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute- I love the crepe paper skirt and your sweet hostess gift box. I've heard so much about Paper Crown I feel like a road trip to OKC is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely Valentine's! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards and that decorated heart box is amazing. I know she must have been thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very darling tags and the little roses on their skirts really make them so special! I'm sure she will love the altered heart box filled with the goodies.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete