Monday, October 17, 2011

Vintage Dragonfly Handmade Halloween Swap

For the Vintage Dragonfly's Handmade Halloween Swap, I was partnered with Lorraine from Over The Rainbeau.  She just happens to be friends with Marti of Artful Curiosities, my partner for last spring's May Basket swap. I received the package Lorraine sent and I can tell you, all these California gals that I've swapped with are awesome!  Can you believe all these goodies? 
This was a matchbox swap and the matchbox itself is darling, with a cute little girl and vintage elements.  It was suggested that you spoil your partner and also send things that didn't fit in the matchbox, and Lorraine certainly took that suggestion to heart.  I was blown away by all the wonderful treats!

Here's a close up of the matchbox, sign and tag that she sent.
Here's a tiny boo banner and a closer shot of the tag.
And how about this cute little guy?  It's actually a box and it was filled with velvet leaves and flowers and other little treats.
Thank you so much, Lorraine!  I love it all, and it certainly looks like Halloween at our house.

Here's what I sent Lorraine.  The matchbox was topped with a silver tray with BOO and a black and cream striped satin ruffle.  I made a witch hat and neck ruffle for a little vintage pumpkin ghost I found on vacation, and a paper garland of various shapes and colors sewn together.  I decorated the little Trick or Treat bag and filled it with treats, and included a few beads and skulls and other fun items, along with a copy of the Spooky Little Book I made for another swap (a post on that coming up soon.) 


If you haven't done an on-line swap, you should try it sometime!  You meet wonderful people, have a chance to share your talents, and you receive some amazing things in return.

4 comments:

  1. wow what a great swap....you have definately made out like a bandid.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri~

    I love all the swap stuff!!! I think I just wiped out your Etsy store! I had so much fun shopping. Laurie turned me on to it. Good luck...I will be back for sure....can't wait to get my 'junque'!

    Hugs~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing swap! So many great things -- you and your partner are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri,

    Lorrained treated you very well! The matchbox swap was so much fun. Thanks so much for including my blog link in your post. I hope some day we will be swap partners again.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete