Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Beginning...

to look a little like Christmas.  I finished a banner and a couple of ornaments today. 

The incredible Jackie Peters taught a banner class at Paper Crown last month, but it was full almost as soon as she announced it.  After the class I learned she had a couple of kits available and I was lucky enough to get one.

I made mine pretty much in line with the class sample, filling in with a few things of my own here and there.  It's very pretty and will coordinate nicely with my Junk Drawer Advent Calendar (if I finish that!)





The two ornaments were quarter items picked up at Target's after-Christmas sale last year. I used some wide wired ribbon Jackie had included in the banner kit to make rosettes and topped them with vintage rhinestone buttons. Pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Love that banner! I missed that one too and I wasn't lucky enough to get a kit. I may try to do my own more colorful version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soft and pretty palette. And your altered ornaments are very unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete