Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stocking Swap

Last month I joined in on a stocking swap hosted by Cerri at The Little Pink Studio. We were to make or buy a stocking, embellish it, and fill it with vintage and other treasures for our swap partner.  My partner is Danielle, whose art is amazing.  She likes vintage shabby chic and not a lot of bright color, so I made a burlap stocking trimmed with a vintage dresser scarf, burlap roses and vintage millinary flowers. I filled it with Prima flowers and buttons, a couple of ornaments I made, a tiny Paris-themed calendar, vintage doilies, and other fun things.




Although Danielle isn't a big fan of a lot of bright colors, I saw a lot of dress forms, chairs and chandeliers in her work, so I thought she might like this banner made from Bari J. Paris Apartment fabrics.  The flowers between the pennants were given to me recently by my friend Chris as part of a handmade embellishment exchange. I hated to give them up, but they were absolutely perfect for this project.

 

I hope Danielle loves everything.  I certainly love everything she sent me!  She embellished a green knitted stocking with a sweet little bird on a nest and beautiful flowers.  She added gorgeous trims, plus a window with tulle curtains, a tiny spool, and itty bitty roses.




She embellished a journal and made a lovely tag. 









She also sent lots of embellishments, chipboard, tags, paper, and other goodies. I have so many new things to work with!


















Thanks so much, Danielle!  I couldn't have asked for a better swap partner, and hope you feel the same! 

3 comments:

  1. wow terri what fabulous goodies you received and sent. i was in that swap also. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great swap- sent and received! I love the fabric rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun swap! You spoiiled your partner, she spoiled you, and I loved seeing everything!

    ReplyDelete