Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Daily Book

My friend Kerry organized a December Journal swap (her first swap ever!) and I'll be posting about that right after Christmas. Making my pages for that swap inspired me to make a December Daily-type journal for a family Dirty Santa exchange. I'm sharing the cover and a few of the pages.

This journal does have 31 pages, but I didn't number them in case the recipient just wants to use it for a general December or Christmas journal, and I didn't go overboard decorating most of the pages. Instead, I'll be including a tape runner and lots of embellishments that can be added as desired. Click any photo to see a larger image.


I love the cover. I can't remember what line the chalkboard paper is from, but it was sold out when I went back for more to keep in my stash. The Santa is from a vintage Christmas card, and has a bit of Mica snow on his hat and beard.

The calendar was found on Pinterest. Other papers and elements are from current lines as well as years past.

 The bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin.

 The house chipboard is also Jenni Bowlin.

 I love the string-tied envelopes.

 I added lots of fun things to this tag so it would peek out at the top.

 Plain pages, but with a cute clipped-on label.


This pre-made tiny banner is another favorite. The package included six, with different designs on each side.

 Another bit of chalkboard paper.


This envelope came from our Christmas cards from a few years ago. I just sealed it and cut a slit at one side so it would open at the top of the book, then added a cute postcard-style embellishment.

Here's hoping whoever gets this enjoys it!

5 comments:

  1. Love it but what in the world is Dirty Santa??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Dirty Santa is a gift exchange where you draw numbers to open gifts and people who draw a higher number than you can then steal your gift. Gifts can usually be stolen two or three times, with the second or third steal "freezing" the gift. If your gift is stolen, you can either steal from anyone with an unfrozen gift or you can pick an unopened gift. It's probably known by other names in other locales.

      Delete
  2. I've got to do a December daily next year! So neat!

    ReplyDelete