Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year in Review

2014 seems to have been the Year of the Book for me. I made books for gifts and book pages for swaps and started on a handmade journal.

I made pink fabric books - one in February for Laurie



and another in September for Terry.



In August at a craft day with friends, we made little books from 12x12 paper. I've made a couple more since then. They're fun and easy.



In September I made pages for Karla Nathan's Nature's Blessings Journal Swap.



In December I finally got around to posting photos of the Nature's Blessings journal I received. There were so many lovely pages, and it took two posts to show them all. You can find them here and here.




In November I joined in on the Button Floozies White Christmas Button Book swap, which I posted about in December. I loved the book I made...



as well as the one I received.




I participated in a December journal swap... 



and made another December journal for a family gift exchange.



In addition I started on my first handmade journal, using Mary Ann Moss's Full Tilt Boogie online class as a guide. I've yet to finish it but hope to soon. I'm also trying to finish a journal I started in 2010 after attending Silver Bella. More on those in 2015!

Vintage lace is one of my favorite things, and I found lots of it in 2014.
















Cindy Winter at Paper Crown invited me to be a vendor for their Spring and Fall Glitter Markets. This was a great opportunity for me as both markets were truly enjoyable and I was very pleased with my sales.





In February Paper Crown hosted a Valentine Soiree - lots of fun and a beautiful project.



Another highlight of the year was attending Karla Nathan's Birdsong 4 event in June. I did several Birdsong posts in June and one in July. Click here to see the class projects.



In addition to journal swaps, Laurie hosted a heart-themed 3-Inchie swap that I joined. Mine is in the lower right corner. I love them all and need to make them into a little book or banner - another project for the new year.



There were also swaps at Birdsong, including a banner swap and altered bottle swap. Here's one piece of the banner I made, but if you haven't seen it, you'll want to click here to see the beautiful banner Tami made for me.



Then there was the Vintage Darling's Snippet Roll swap hosted by Heidi of Sugah Beez.  Click here to see what I made, and here to see the wonderful snippet roll I received from Tabitha.



Laurie and I swapped vintage Christmas goodness in October. She sent me mountains of wonderful things that you can see here, and see what I sent to her on her blog here.



That pretty much wraps up my 2014. Hope yours was wonderful, and I wish you a very creative and enjoyable New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Wowzer, you got a lot done and did a bunch of swaps. What a great year of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing amount of creativity and I'm looking forward to seeing 2015. I never tire of seeing those piles of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful treasures for 2014! Wishing many more in the new year! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing all of your beautiful things in one post! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a lovely and creative year! I was happy to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete