Tuesday, December 9, 2014

White Christmas Button Book Swap 2014 - What I Received

My partner for the Button Floozies' White Christmas Button Book swap was Diane from Cottage Wishes. She used both paper and fabric to create a really special book for me. Click on any photo to see a larger version.

It came wrapped in a doily that Diane cleverly laced with ribbon to create a pouch. I've not seen anyone do this before but I love the technique.


The book inside was wrapped with a bit of tucked fabric with a pretty tag attached. "JOY" is written in buttons, and that's a tiny baby bootie in the upper right corner. So sweet!


The inside cover is collaged, and a pretty embellished hankie forms the first page.






























A little burlap pocket holds a bundle of pretty buttons.


This page has an unusual metal and glass button and a pretty beaded spray.


Isn't this little felt mitten the cutest?


I love this little glove on a vintage postcard. There's even a button "ring" on one finger.


And here's a cute little button snowman!


The back cover has lace, vintage wallpaper, and a label - three of my favorite things.


These are just some of the pages in the wonderful book Diane made. You can see other pages and some close-ups of pretty details on her blog here. If you'd like to see more button books from this swap, check out the Button Floozies blog here or Laurie's Indulge Your Shelf blog. There are several posts on both blogs, so click on "Older Posts" on each blog to see the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, were you two ever perfectly partnered --- still swooning. These photos are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic book. I've been looking at different members of your latest swap and I love all the books I've seen pictured on the various blogs. Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph all the pages and write the descriptions. I know this takes a lot of time and it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete