Saturday, December 20, 2014

Gifts and Finds

Just a bit of catching up today. My birthday was Thanksgiving day, and I received gifts from a couple of my artsy friends. Laurie sent me a box full of handmade and vintage goodness.

I love the pretty pumpkin she made and the velvety letters. The tiny vintage tinsel is silver and green, and there's a lovely vintage card, a star wand and a fabric image to use in a future project.


She sent wonderful vintage wallpaper, seals, the sweetest vintage felt Santa tag, tiny glass cherries, and a card of wonderful French General trim.


Isn't this a pretty little pennant? The heart is stamped clay. She sent along a cute card, too. Thanks, Laurie!


My friend Jeanne gave me the cutest notecarts with a pop-up design inside, holiday cupcake toppers, and these pretty rose soaps. I might have to just keep them to look at, but they do make me crave frosting roses. Thank you, Jeanne!


































We took a quick trip to Texas early in the month. We didn't have much time for shopping but on the trip home I did manage to find this glove box, old plastic pin, and a bit of rusty goodness.


Everything above came from a nearby estate sale. The dogwood tablecloth came with four napkins. The keys are kind of unusual with their heart-shaped holes. The bar piece on the one key turns.



































I love these green record and journal books. They came from another sale last weekend.





























Today's sale was at a home in one of OKC's beautiful historic districts. Most everything there was from the 1950s or before. I scored this trio of cute Santas with their tags still intact. Although they're probably post-1950s, they're still vintage and cute.


This pretty little box will probably be used for a swap at some point. Two of the millinery bunches are pins - the red and the pink/purple.


I found lots of vintage paper doilies to add to my stash, including some in silver and gold, but the creamy aged ones are my favorites.


The lace is wrapped around an old letter. The compact is cream plastic and in excellent condition. One of the Cowboy crayons (or colored pencils) is missing, but I bought it for the box which is in great shape. The little Oilwell pocket calendar is unused. The orange and black make it perfect for a tiny Halloween book.

That's all for today! I do still have a couple of December journals to show in the next few days.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I love it all! Those little heart keys will look FABULOUS in some future project -- I'm excited just thinking about what you will do with them. I love all the millinery and all the paper -- all the books and that delicious-looking letter! Speaking of delicious, you're right -- those roses look edible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful goodies . i love the millinery and those heart keys are a real treasure! you find the best things! hugs and happy holidays Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely treasures from Laurie PLUS you made some great finds!!

    ReplyDelete