Sunday, December 28, 2014

December Journal Swap

My lovely friend Kerry hosted her first-ever swap last month - a December journal swap. Eight of us made pages and Kerry made the covers, put the books together, and packaged them in cute striped boxes.






















I love how she combined the elements for the front cover - so cute! It's a bright shiny red that looks much better in actuality than it does in this photo. For some reason all the photos I took make it look like there's a haze on the upper right corner.


There's a handy calendar on the inside front cover.


This is the front of the page I made. The sweet Santa came from a vintage Christmas card. That wonderful diagonal stripe vintage crepe paper came from a pre-Christmas swap with Laurie (I posted about the swap here .)


And the back of my page. I used a bell image clipped from another vintage Christmas card and added vintage ribbon. My use of the Wish ticket was inspired by one Laurie used on a snippet roll she made for me. 


This cute page was made by Teresa. I haven't added my favorite Christmas recipe yet, but plan to do that.


Teresa left lots of room on the back of her page to add photos or other items. I love this green polka dot paper and the holly sticker.


Leann made this lovely page. She's one of those people who can take anything and make something amazing from it in no time at all. 


And the back of Leann's page. So pretty!


Lisa made this precious page above and below. I love her style! There's a pocket and a tag to pull out for journaling, photos or ephemera.


Lisa also left room on the back for photos or other items. 


Chris used several techniques on her awesome page. Embossing, stencils and embellishments - and there's space under the flap for journaling. That blue is one my favorite shades.


She used chartreuse - another of my favorite colors - on the back of her page. There's a card tucked in for photos, etc.


Jeanne used a vintage Christmas card as a pocket for two tags.  I love this pretty scene and the poinsettias.


The back of Jeanne's page is ready for photos or memorabilia.




Tammy's page has lots of pretty papers, layers, and techniques. There are two other flaps besides the one shown above - lots of spaces for photos, etc.


The back of her page has a pocket with "The Real Meaning of The Twelve Days of Christmas, plus two tags.


Jeanne was in creative mode and made an extra page.  This one has a cute red/white chevron sack with a tag and a chenille candy cane.


The back of Jeanne's second page has lots of room, highlighted by the metallic starburst - love that!


Sheryl's page includes lots of layering, pom poms, and a photo of her adorable grandbaby - something to make us all smile!


The back of Sheryl's page is plaid - one of my holiday favorites - with a cute banner and snowman.


Kerry used a chalkboard tag, flower and doily to embellish the inside back cover. I added the cute tags from the box.


And the back cover - as cute as the front!

Thanks, Kerry, for organizing this fun swap, and thank you to the other participants. I just love having these sweet books of art from others.

Click on any of the photos to see a larger view.


5 comments:

  1. This was such a fun swap! I was so excited to receive my book - everyone did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing handmade journals. happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete